BauXo products are hand made, and are therefore individually unique. Our materials include recycled vegetable tanned leather, brass, silver bronze, sterling silver, and silver or gold plating. All of our earring hooks and posts are sterling silver.
In order to preserve the appearance and extend the life of your BauXo piece, please follow our instructions carefully:
- If your jewelry is silver plated, that means it has been cast from brass, and dipped in sterling silver. It is best to store your jewelry inside the bag provided, away from oxygen, and next to the provided tarnish strip.
- If you would like your leather to be softer, use it! If you can’t wait, massage coconut oil into it regularly. Please note that this technique may darken the color of the leather. Please avoid coming in contact with the hardware during this process, as the coconut oil may change the color of the metal.
- Do not expose your BauXo piece to any detergents, perfumes or chemicals. These items will tarnish, or strip away the finish of your beautiful new item.
- Take off your jewelry before washing your hands, applying lotion or spraying perfume.
- Never wear your jewelry while in the ocean, shower or pool.
- Use a silver polishing cloth to restore the shine of your BauXo products. This can be used on any metal piece.
- Avoid silver cleaning solutions or dips as they will prematurely strip the plating.
If you show your BauXo piece love, it will be with you for years to come. If you have any further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.